Prosopon Iconography Workshop for Intermediate and Advanced Students
Monday, July 22nd through Saturday, July 27th, 2019, Milwaukie, Oregon
Six-Day Iconography Workshop
This Workshop is open to 15 intermediate or advanced students, and runs from 9am to 4-5PM for the 6 days. The icon will be of “Motherhood,” and when our beloved teacher and Master Iconographer, Dmitri Andreyev, picked this one last year he said that we could do the whole icon with all three images, or else one or two of the images in the icon. All students will be receiving a sketch of the icon as soon as I get it from Dmitri and they are “paid in full.” The student MUST commit to preparing the icon from sketch, etching, clay, gild and lines drawn BEFORE the workshop begins. Therefore all students will be required to have completed enough icons in egg tempera, hopefully in the Prosopon method, to be able to work on their own and to have their own supplies to do so. For more information about the Prosopon School of Iconology, please visit: www.prosoponschool.org
Members of the parish will be providing lunch daily for the students. On Thursday evening the 25th we will have a relaxing dinner together; and wine will be included. Snacks, coffee, tea, and juice will be available throughout the day during the course.
The Workshop will be held at the Church of the Annunciation, 13515 Southeast Rusk Road, Milwaukie, Oregon 97222. Lodging is not provided, but we can refer you to various places locally, from hotels within driving distance to Airbnbs, some of which are in walking distance to the church. For information, please contact me, Rosalie Broding, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of the workshop is $750. 00
· This is a very popular course and we will take students in the order their payments arrive. Once we fill the 15 available spots we will start a waiting list in case of cancellations.
· If full payment is postmarked before June 1, 2019, you will receive an additional $50 discount.
· If you need to cancel after you have enrolled, only your $100 non-refundable registration fee will be retained, unless you cancel within 30 days of the start of the workshop. Then ½ of your payment will be retained, unless we are able to refill your seat. If that is the case we will only keep the $100.00 non-refundable fee.
Plus Supply Costs:
There will be a $20.00 fee for the paints. (Dmitri will mix them for us and give us the formulas.) This way we will all have the same colors to work with for the course. The emphasis in the course is to teach, or perfect, advanced techniques in highlighting, color harmonization, and economy of color.
Pandora Iconographer’s Supplies or St. John’s Workshop are where most of us buy our boards. Please don’t make them any longer than 24 inches for the class, and 21 inches would be better, for the sake of space.
How To Register:
For questions, please contact Rosalie Broding by email at email@example.com.
○ Deposit checks should be made out to "Rosalie Broding".
Please write "2019 Int/Adv Icon Workshop" in the memo line.
○ Send your deposit check to:
Portland Iconography Workshop
C/O Rosalie Broding
18257 Westminster Drive
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034
Feel free to contact me with any questions about the class, sketches, lodging etc. and I promise to get back to you ASAP.
Coordinator of the Portland Prosopon Iconography Workshops
503-638-1022 Home or 503-330-6545 cellular